What is NovaSure Endometrial Ablation?
It’s a Safe and Effective Way to Treat Heavy Menstrual Bleeding
What is Heavy Menstrual Bleeding?
1 in 5 women suffer from heavy menstrual bleeding. Many women begin to experience heavy and/or irregular bleeding in their 30s and 40s, as they begin to get closer to menopause. Heavy periods are more than just a hassle – they take a physical, social, and emotional toll as well.
Studies show heavy menstrual bleeding can affect women in a number of ways:
- Many feel tired and nauseated
- Many experience bad cramps
- Many have headaches
- More than 60% have had to miss social or athletic events 1
- About 80% report avoiding sex 1
- 33% have been forced to miss work 2
- 77% have depression or moodiness 1
- 75% feel anxious 2
- 57% report a lack of confidence during their period 1
Heavy periods are not something with which you have to live. Today, there are a number of effective treatment options available. For more information, please contact our office in the Sugar Land and Houston area at (713) 273-5804.