Jump To Section
Hormones are chemicals produced by your glands to control some of your cell’s activities. When these hormones become imbalanced, it can affect the way you feel and the way your body functions.
Dr. Evans performs hormone replacement therapy for Houston women and men as a way of improving a variety of conditions. These include general fatigue, mood swings, lack of focus, and loss of sex drive.
Dr. Evans uses the BioTE® hormone replacement therapy program because of the advantages it offers her patients. She recently achieved “Legacy” status as a BioTE provider based on her years of experience with the treatment. By combining this extensive knowledge with her background as a board-certified OB/GYN, she helps patients effectively resolve problems with energy, emotion, and sexual wellness.
What is Hormone Replacement Therapy?
Menopause is a normal part of every woman’s life. It is a period where one enters their post-reproductive phase and is a natural transition for the female body. Yet, while menopause may be a rite of passage, some symptoms and discomfort can arise because of a drop in essential hormones, including estrogen, progesterone, and testosterone.
Here is where hormone replacement therapy can help. HRT can treat and alleviate many menopausal symptoms that contribute to lack of sex drive, vaginal dryness, mood swings and irritability, bone loss, and more. Plus, HRT works in sync with the body’s own systems, resolving symptoms and balancing one’s physiology.
Causes of Hormone Imbalance
Hormone levels, which are produced by your body’s endocrine system, will naturally fluctuate throughout your life. However, during menopause, hormone levels drop significantly and can impact the ways that your organs and cells function. In turn, this can sway energy levels, metabolism, sexual desire, and more. Ultimately, this can diminish your life’s quality.
- An Overactive Hypothalamus Gland: Have you been experiencing night sweats and hot flashes? It is likely that your hypothalamus gland is imbalanced. Acting as your body’s thermostat, this gland regulates your temperature. When a hormone imbalance is at play, the hypothalamus operates in overdrive and reacts to even slight changes in temperature.
- A Drop in Estrogen: If you have been feeling “less than in the mood” or are frustrated by the fact that sex has become painful or not enjoyable, do not count yourself completely out. Your lack of sex drive and pleasure is likely due to a drop in estrogen levels, which regulates the moisture produced by your vagina.
- Slowed Fibroblast Cell Production: No one enjoys looking in the mirror only to see what appears to be an older version of themselves. However, during menopause, hormones that regulate the production of collagen and elastin drop significantly, causing your skin to lose its luster, firmness, and healthy glow.
- Adrenocorticotrophic Hormone Regulation: This hormone is located within the pituitary gland and is responsible for the release of cortisone and cortisol from the adrenal glands. When this is out of sync, your sleep/wake cycle could be impacted, and you may be unable to achieve the restful sleep you need to be your best.
What Are the Effects of Hormone Imbalance in Your Body?
Hormone therapy can non-invasively improve a range of issues that may be affecting your quality of life. From physical symptoms to intangible changes in your daily experience, getting the right hormonal balance can significantly and noticeably resolve concerns such as:
- Extreme fatigue, lack of sleep, and problems with focus.
- Anxiety, depression, irritability, and mood swings.
- Hot flashes, night sweats, and weight gain.
- Decreased sex drive and performance.
Hormonal imbalance may also impact other systems in the body, such as bone, breast, and brain health.
Dr. Evans recommends BioTE hormone pellet therapy to her Houston patients for the advantages it provides over other approaches. The pellet can deliver a consistent and appropriate amount of hormones over time, keeping you in balance for longer than many other treatments. In addition, BioTE is considered bio identidentical with a similar structure as human hormones. It is widely studied among available hormone therapies. has a similar structure as human hormones, is the most widely studied form of natural hormone therapy available and has been in use since 1940’s.
Symptoms of hormonal imbalance include:
- Extreme fatigue
- Mood swings
- Tension and irritability
- Lack of sleep
- Memory loss
- Lack of focus
- Brain fog
- Hot flashes
- Night sweats
- Weight gain
- Joint pain
- Migraines and severe headaches
- Bladder symptoms
- Decreased sex drive and performance
How Can BioTE Pellet Therapy Help You?
BioTE, a form of Hormone Replacement Therapy, provides an opportunity to regulate hormone levels and address hormone imbalances in a natural way through therapy that is tailored to your individual needs and body chemistry. In turn, many of the symptoms and discomfort associated with menopause can be minimized or eliminated as the body’s systems come back into balance.
- A Revived Sex Drive: When estrogen levels are balanced, sexual desire and drive return along with the ability to have intercourse that is physically enjoyable and satisfying. Additionally, energy will be improved, which is a big contributing factor to having a healthy libido.
- Regulate Body Temperature: BioTE hormone replacement therapy will boost estrogen levels and regulate the hypothalamus gland, so hot flashes and night sweats are minimized or eliminated. By regaining this balance, you will also improve your sleep, regulate your weight, and more.
- Feel—and Look—Beautiful Again: By boosting hormone levels with BioTE, collagen and elastin production will also be improved, which may result in a healthy glow, fewer wrinkles, and skin that is firm and supple. Your skin will start to act younger simply because it has the hormone balance you experienced in your youth.
- Happiness and Less Stress: Through hormone replacement therapy, the production of cortisol and cortisone, which regulate sleep cycles as well as mood, will be better regulated through adrenal glands that are in sync with the rest of your body. This will help you feel happier, more relaxed, and less stressed.
Experiencing Female Anger?
Watch Video: Dr. Evans talks about anger and how the way you feel can be related to your hormones and how they function.
Is Hormone Replacement Therapy Right for You?
Consider hormone replacement therapy if you have been experiencing fatigue, mood swings, problems with focus, or a decreased sex drive. Different conditions require different types of hormone balancing.
As a recognized physician in this area, Dr. Evans can guide you through your options and help you understand what to expect with treatment. During your initial consultation, she will talk to you about the symptoms you’ve been experiencing and take a full health history. She can also perform an examination and discuss her findings. She will answer any questions you have and, if you are a good candidate for hormone replacement therapy, outline a treatment plan for your needs.
“What to Know About Menopause and Hormone Therapy” READ NOW
“What is Andropause?” READ NOW
How Does BioTE Hormone Pellet Therapy Work?
BioTE is one particular form of hormone pellet therapy that balances hormones in the female body quickly and safely. This treatment involves hormone pellets being placed under the skin, which integrate in such a way so cells can receive instruction on how to achieve optimal function and help the body regain balance. BioTE hormone pellet therapy is designed to align with the individual hormone dosage needs of each patient and is based on specific hormone loss. Furthermore, by placing the BioTE pellets under the skin, one is assured that they will be receiving a consistent dosage throughout the day, unlike with creams or other applications. There are other types of hormone replacement, including:
- Synthetic injections
Hormone Pellet Therapy Made Easy
Watch Video: Dr. Evans shows how easy pelleting is on a patient in the office.
What Is the Recovery from Hormone Replacement Therapy Like?
The procedure to place a BioTE pellet is relatively fast and minimally invasive. Dr. Evans typically performs treatment in her Houston-based office. During the process, she numbs a small area along the patient’s buttocks and places a tiny pellet beneath the skin. Most patients return to normal activities right away, and the site should heal within a week.
The BioTE pellet is designed to deliver your personalized dose of hormones on a consistent basis over several months. This consistency is one of the biggest advantages of the pellet approach; it prevents highs and lows in hormone balancing.
Patients typically have a pellet placed 3-4 times per year. Dr. Evans may also recommend adjustments to the dosage to fine-tune your treatment. With the right balance, most patients experience noticeable benefits within one month.
Click here to download a white paper by Dr. Gary Donovitz, M.D., the founder of BioTE®, as he explores the use of pellet therapy to optimize and balance hormones.
Click here to download a peer-reviewed article on the misconceptions of testosterone therapy in women.
What Are the Side Effects of BioTE?
As with any medical therapy, there can be side effects. As it relates to BioTE hormone pellet therapy, some women report experiencing acne, irritability, headaches, cramping, bloating, spotting, and breast tenderness. Additionally, some patients experience bouts of aggression. Symptoms do tend to dissipate and are most common when the pellets are first inserted. However, if symptoms linger, it is important to contact your doctor as your dosage may simply need to be modified.
What Is the Cost of Hormone Replacement Therapy in Houston?
The standard price for hormone replacement therapy is $399 for women. Men pay between $699 and $799 per pellet placement, depending on the dose they are receiving. Membership packaging is available that can include other services at cost savings.
Each patient’s treatment is personalized to her or his specific needs, symptoms, and hormone levels. To learn more about pricing and what you can expect from treatment, we encourage you to get in touch with our practice.
Take the first step towards a more energetic, engaged, and active lifestyle. Schedule an appointment with Dr. Evans by contacting us online or calling our Houston office at (281) 277-7721.